Komet Songwriter 30
The Songwriter 30 was one of the the last Trainwreck® designs built by the legendary Kenneth Fischer. Due to his failing health, Ken was only able to build two of these magnificent hand wired amplifiers. Komet Amplification has been awarded the license by Trainwreck® to recreate the Songwriter 30 in exacting detail to the original.
"Bree", one of the two original Trainwreck® Songwriter ampliifiers, was our reference build amplifier. Every new Songwriter 30 is meticulously hand built and voiced to "Bree's "signature sound. It's powered by a quartet of cathode biased EL84/6BQ5 output tubes. The pre amp incorporates two 12AX7 tubes. It's hand assembled and hand wired in Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA with only the best sounding and most reliable components.
No reverb, master volume, effects loop, foot switches, pull pots, transistors or chips anywhere. The chassis is solid aluminum — chosen for the very particular electrical properties that it possesses. Inside the chassis you won't find printed circuits, cotton/imitation cotton wire or fiber tag boards. We don't design with obsolete or questionable materials to "be in fashion."
- TOTAL POWER
- 33 Watts RMS
- POWER TUBES
- 4 - EL84/6BQ5 power tubes
- PREAMPLIFIER TUBES
- 2 - 12AX7 pre amp tubes (3 - 12AX7 in Tremolo model)
- CATHODE BIASED
- Three way bright switch
- Military grade 2 Watt potentiometers: Volume, Treble, Bass
- 4 - 8 - 16 - Ohm selector, two parallel outputs
- Custom proprietary designed transformers made in the U.S.A.
- Internally hand wired and meticulously assembled with the finest of components.
- Silver tinned Teflon® wire - hand wired onto glass epoxy tag board
- All switches made by NKK®
- 1/8th" laser cut aircraft grade aluminum welded chassis made here in Louisiana
- Components assembled and mounted with stainless steel screws, bolts, washers and nuts.
- Head Format: 20-5/8" x 10" x 9.5" - made from Baltic birch ply - made in the U.S.A.
- Maple front and back panel
- Black aluminum control panel
- Levant style tolex (custom order color options available)
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- 120V / 240V AC (internally hard wired)
- Completely built in U.S.A.